Pages

vendredi 14 janvier 2011

INVENTORY CHALLENGE NO. 14


Gooood Friday dear friends,                   (Dérouler l'écran, pour la version française)
How special this challenge is ! No. 14 on the 14th... I love making associations! Christina and I were just wondering where to look for something different, there are many challenges on the "market", with various themes. I had an idea: what about a song... Christina came up with Happy days are here again. The first thing that came to my mind was Harry Winkler as the Fonz, and Ron Howard as Richie Cunningham... Perhaps Edwin could be brought to play one of them?? I just could not find anything that pleased me. Then, I listened to the song by Brabra Streisand and Judy Garland. I found myself singing all day...And the idea came. I would showcase Tilda on a journey to happiness... The freedom of just walking in nature. And I would also add a little personal challenge. I always loved watercolor for its transparency and fluidity. I did take courses, workshop and never went beyond this, it's a long list mishaps. I felt it was time to give myself a chance to see if I could hold a brush and do something with it. Whathever would happen I would post my work. And my first attempt at the scenery, was not very conclusive, I decided to start all over. Painting Tilda was another story, I have never done skin. It's kind of tricky to mix ink and find a proper shade, I also had my Copics technique in mind, and did not know if the same shading could be found with inks. Working on a wet surface, is totally different than blending on a paper that absorbs slowly!  And this is what I came up with. It was a happy day inded. I reconcile with my brushes, Tilda must really be an angel. Hope it brings sun in your day. Oh! Happy Days!
May I invite you to visit my very talented friend Christina and admire her project. This week , we have the pleasure of being joined by Rene and Charlene, please hop by their blogs








                                      
 







Bon vendredi chères amies,
C'est notre 14 défi, et nous sommes le 14! Tout à fait spécial! J'aime faire ce genre d'association... Cette semaine Christina et moi se demandions bien quel défi nous allions relever. Ce n'est pas cela qui manque! Mais nous voulions quelque chose de différent pour nous inspirer. Je lui ai proposé un thème musical, une chanson... Elle m'est revenue avec Happy Days are Here Again! Certains se rappelleront une émission de télé mettant en vedette HenryWinkler dans ce rôle inoubliable de Fonzie; d'autres entendront une toute jeune BArbra Streisand et Judy Garland chanter ce thème... Je me demandais bien quelle inspiration allais venir, j'ai bien pensé faire porter le rôle de Fonz à Edwin... mais, non. Puis, je me suis surprise à chanter Happy Days toute lajournée, pour voir Tilda prendre la route du bonheur! Mais ce n'est pas tout, je voulais me donner un grand défi personnel. J,ai ressorti récemment mes pinceaux. J'adore l'aquarelle, pour sa transparence et sa légèreté. Je me suis dit qu'il était temps que je me mouille. Peu importe le résultat de mon coloriage, il allait être publié dans cette chronique. Je me suis permis de recommencer le paysage, je n'aimais pas beaucoup mon vert!Mais Tilda est l'original. C'est la première fois que j'expérimentais le coloriage à l'encre distress, ce fut une "Happy day". Entre l'aquarelle et moi, il y  a une suite de rendez-vous ratés, qui ont entraîné une certaine capitulation. Il était temps, de retrousser mes manches. Voilà, le résultat. Tilda doit être un ange, elle m'a certainement tenu la main. J,espère que cette cène mettra beaucoup de soleil dans votre journée.
Je vous invite à visiter ma bonne amie  Christina  ainsi que René et Charlene qui nous ont certainement créé quelque chose d'original
Merci d'être venu me visiter, et passer une belle journée..

Défi/Challenge:
7 kids college fund Challenge - Hot -Cold.
Just Magnolia - My favourite Things ( Sunshine is my favourite thing) 

Recipe/ Recette:
Stamps/ étampes: Tilda with backpack available at Diana's Magnolia-licious.
                                  Floral background also available at Diana's.
I stamped the background on Bristol paper, however, Tilda is stamped on 140 lb watercolor paper.  I have used Distress Inks and Stampin Up: Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Shabby shutter, peeled paint, weathered Woods, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Tea Dye, Pumice Stone, Black Soot; in SU, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Blush Blossom, Summer Sun, Bashful blue.
The lovely frame is cut with Reminisce Cricut Cartridge . The floral corner is a Cuttlebug die cut. The fence is from Magnolia Doo Hickey, No 12 Lovely Fence also from Magnolia-licious, and leaves are also from Magnolia.  The sentiment is from Stampin up set, Saisir la vie and the tag was cut with Reminisce cartridge.  The DP's and the cardstock are Stampin Up. Flowers and ribbon, from my stash; the flowers were colored with Distress ink to match shades of pink.
J,ai utlisé du papier Bristol pour l'étampe de fonds, mais du papier aquarelle, 140lb, pour Tilda. Les couleurs d'encres sont les suivantes: DistressInks: Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Shabby shutter, peeled paint, weathered Woods, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Tea Dye, Pumice Stone, Black Soot; Stampin Up: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Blush Blossom, Summer Sun, Bashful blue.

C'est avec la cassette Reminisce de Cricut que j'ai coupé le cadre ainsi que l'étiquette. Le sentiment provient du jeu Saisir la vie deStampin Up. Le coin en fleur est une découpe de Cuttlebug; la cloture et les feuilles sont de Magnolia (Doo Hickey). Les fleurs et les rubans de mon inventaires, les fleurs sont colorées avec les distess pour s'agencer parfaitement avec les teintes choisies.

40 commentaires:

charlene a dit…

Danielle you did a great job with you r water colors...love this little image and the scene you have created. I will get my card up tomorrow ... lots happening here this week !
Hugs

Regina a dit…

OMG!!!! Dan!!!! I don´t know what to say anymore!!! You always do an amazing job!!! Love everything you did on this card. The colors, your coloring... everything is adorable!!
Have a marvellous weekend!!!:)))
Hugs
Regina

Christina C. a dit…

MAGNIFIQUE!!!!! It makes me happy just looking at your magnificent card! This lovely background is the "PERFECT" choice and I adore this special Tilda. You did a marvelous job with the inks, my friend!
Love, love this gorgeous card!!!!

Judy K. a dit…

Oh so pretty Danielle, your coloring is wonderful and your background is awesome. Love all the detail!!!
Judy K.

Sandy a dit…

Wonderful word - Magnifique!!!
I love your scene cards Danielle - they are wonderfully happy! My favorite cards suck you into a story in a wonderful world of imagination. I love the flowers and the fence and the scroll not to mention the beautifully colored Tilda.
Love you,
Sandy

Karen a dit…

Very pretty! I love everything about it! : )

wljp65 a dit…

GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the navy/pink color scheme!! She definitely looks like she is on happy trails!!!

Wendy - daffygal

Sharon Caudle a dit…

Oh my goodness, this card is spectacular Danielle! I love the gorgeous layout, the fabulous colors, and your amazing coloring! Beautiful!
hugs, Sharon

Lisette Morris a dit…

Adorable! I love the entire scene! R U using artist watercolor or distress inks? Either way well done!

Myrna a dit…

Danielle your card is wonderful!!! Love all the elements of your card. Your coloring is great! Awesome job!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings a dit…

omg.. Danielle.. .what an amazing card.
you are so creative adding stamps together and making those pretty szenes.
your coloring is so beautiful
i love how you have added lights and shadows.

hugs
Claudia

Barb Hardeman a dit…

Wow, wow, wow! Dani this is fabulous. The scene you've created with the beautiful die border is Magnifique! You did a beautiful job on the water coloring with DI's. The flowers are a delightful, full of promise of sunshine embellishment and I love the little picket fence. This is a gorgeous card...hugs...Barbsie

Rosie a dit…

OMG, this is fabulous!! Your distress ink coloring is wonderful. I don't know why you were worried about it cause it really is amazing. Great card!

Céline a dit…

Coucou Danielle
voilà encore une bien belle carte, j'adore les couleurs que tu as choisies. Le coloriage est parfait!
bises
céline

cathylynn a dit…

Hi Danielle, Oh you've been busy I see. Marvelous absolutely marvelous!!! Great colors and It puts me that Tilda is merrily on her way to springtime and she's only a little ahead of us. Pure fresh beauty awaits us and she has already found it. Very clever with the scenery. Hugs, Caty-Lynn

Rene a dit…

To quote everyone else: OMG!!!!! Danielle!!!! She is so beautiful!!!! What a gorgeous scene...just GORGEOUS!!!!
Rene :D

PauleetChinelle a dit…

L'aquarelle, quel légèreté tu as raison mais aussi qu'elle beauté Je trouve ta bonne femme si jolie.
J'aime encore mieux que les copics même si je trouve ça très jolie le coloriage au copic mais l'aquarelle Danielle ça donne de la gueule.
J'aime, j'aime j'aime point final

scrappinpeg a dit…

Wow very beautiful Danielle. Love your coloring on this one as well. Nice Job.
good luck in the challenge
xoxo
Peggy

Herbstnebel a dit…

Wonderful Card, very nice.

Hugs Dani

Iulia a dit…

WoW! water coloring with distress inks? OMG, the result is just astonishing!I had to enlarge the photo in order to see all the details; it looks so elaborated and everything looks perfect; look at those tiny spots on the mushrooms... gosh. Great scenery and lovely Tilda and sentiment too.
Have a peaceful week-end!
Hugs, iulia

Genevieve a dit…

Quel tableau!
Tout à fait "MAGNIFICO"!!
Ça c'est de l'art!!
La mise en scène, le fond (j'adore ce vert gazon)...tous ces détails...un pur bonheur pour nos yeux!
Ceux qui disent que le scrapbooking/carterie c'est du bricolage....n'y connaissent vraiment rien.
Merci Danielle pour être si inspirante.

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ a dit…

FIRST OF ALL YOU HAVE EVERYBODY SAYING MAGNIFIQUE LOL!!!! SO I'M SAYING IT NOW LOL!!!
MAGNIFIQUE Danielle!!!!!LOL!!! BRAVO BRAVO!!!!! This is my favorite background stamp and you added just a perfect image.GF your coloring looks like if i was reading a story!!!!Simply adorable all around,RubyM:)

Pam a dit…

Your scene card is GORGEOUS! Love everything about it. TFS
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Anonyme a dit…

This is just lovely Danielle! You've done a beautiful job coloring with your distress inks! I love this adorable scene you created! hugs, Angela

Chris a dit…

How darn cute. Love it!

Summite a dit…

Encore une fois défi relevé haut la main.... Ton fond de carte avec la clôture est génial. Je crois bien que tu as gagné sur l'aquarelle... Bravo

Nady a dit…

Wow ta carte est magnifique!
j'adore ton aquarelle, tu as super bien réussie et ta carte est tout simplement splendide! bravo
Nadyne xx

Christine Riley a dit…

Wow Danielle, what an incredibly gorgeous card! Your coloring is absolutely stunning, and I love the scene you created.

Julie a dit…

Beautiful card Danielle! I love the scene you created! Thank your for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge.

Julie

cabio's craft corner a dit…

I just love your design with these cuties!!! Your creation is just beautiful Danielle :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Leslie Anne Avila a dit…

Danielle,
Such an adorable card. Like that fact that you are always trying different techniques. Love that about you.
Fantastic as always!
Blessings,
Leslie

Chris a dit…

This is just gorgeous! I love all the details and the colors are just so vibrant! Your work is always amazing and this card is no exception. It's beautiful!

XO,
Chris Christensen

nath81 a dit…

superbe ta carte ,tres belle j'aime bcp avec en plus mon tampon prefere , bisous nath

Kathy a dit…

Beautiful Danielle! That scene you have created is adorable and your rame is gorgeous!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Magnolia!
:)Kathy

Jean a dit…

Danielle, this card is so beautiful.. a picture waiting to happen.. love everything about it. your coloring is so perfect and your layout and all your embellishments are so well placed and beautiful... love the inside as well... TFS
Hugs, Jean

Elise a dit…

Danielle! Oh gosh!! This is sOoooo GORGEOUS! I love the scenery you created and your colouring is STUNNING! sigh .. this is truly breathtaking!

hugs,
Elise

Lisa a dit…

Very cute! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids Challenge!

zigzag a dit…

Oh que ça sent le printemps cette belle carte.J'aime beaucoup ton coloriage tu a des doigts magique.Tu as beaucoup de talent,continue de m'émerveiller

Zig

PepPop a dit…

Danielle she is beautiful. I love your watercolour scene and the way you've coloured Tilda is so pretty. Jaqui x

cabio's craft corner a dit…

I see beautiful details on this card Danielle and tons of gorgeous coloring on the images :o)
Hugs,
Cabio